Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pahkin's at a wicked premium fellas

A few years back, my brother and I went to a 'Stag Party' held in honor of a friend of his. He was getting married and a social club his father belonged to held this party, sold tickets to it, gave us as much beer as we could handle, roasted him and then gave him the money they raised. I was a little skeptical, but it was actually one of the more fun nights out I'd had. As we pulled up to the hall where the party was, a helper of some sort walked up to us and said (in an extreme form of new england accent) 'Pahkin's at a wicked premium fellas, make sure you keep it tight', so we moved in close to the car next to us. It's one of those quotes that I'll get mileage out of it forever.

Today, at my parking lot, I watched a guy pull up in a smallish silver pickup truck. Most drivers back in or pull all the way through to the other side of the grid so they can make a screeching exit and not be that clown backing up into a surly crowd of rush hour commuters. This guy didn't, then he diecided he wanted to pull all the way through. Except he only got about 3/4 of the way. I saw this and started barking at him in my mind, but I was certain he'd notice and pull forward so the next person could have a spot. He got out of the truck to make sure he was straight, and he definitley noticed his tail was hanging way out into the next spot. He even made a face like he just stepped into something, but inexplicably, he looked around, thought about it and then walked away. I'll be interested in seeing if anyone tries to use the spot he jammed up with his laziness. Where I go, pahkin is indeed at a wicked premium and a wasted spot is unlikely, but I don't see how anything other than a smart car or mini is going to fit in there. Just in case I see it again, I have printed out some labels to remind the driver that I do not approve of how they choose their parking ...

No comments: