Friday, June 24, 2011

House-man

NOW I see where daytime TV and things like QVC come from... In the brief periods where E is not eating, howling, getting changed or playing, or things like the dishes or laundry are getting done, I really don't know what to do with myself. There are some exercises I do now and then, but these cannot be done infinitely. I can eat, which takes some preparation and cannot be easily abandoned if the lil man calls. Or I can screw off. Case in point yesterday I got caught up in an Amazon.com labyrinth, trading down purchases to get more and more for less and less. At one point though, M called down and asked if I saw Whitey Bulger was captured. Incredibly, I had not. Reading news requires a bit of concentration and time, which is at a wicked premium. It is much easier to find activities that require neither, like aimlessly cruising around online instead.
I read today that Whitey mocked Boston media members he recognized and then talked some trash to the judge at his hearing. The man has coconuts, I will grant him that. To be 81 and still getting this much attention, not bad for the all time FBI hide and seek champion.
I did manage to accomplish something else yesterday, lest everyone think I'm going start getting really wierd. I went grocery shopping at 8am. Surprisingly there were other people with the same idea. Some of them I even recognized. Our unemployed(? he rarely shaves, wears a lot of white T-shirts in public, and I hadn't seen him at the train in a while) neighbor was there, along with a lot of other middle aged guys, by themselves. When I worked at the grocery store in Brighton, the bachelor hour was 8pm on a weeknight. out here in the sticks, it's 8am.
Oh and to the old lady staring daggers at me for buying a lot of groceries early in the day and screwing up your 4 Skybar/4 Eclipse gum purchase - who eats Skybars? what is wrong with you? I don't even know what's in those things. I'm glad to see the 70s never ended for you.

No comments: