Friday, August 5, 2011

old habits break easy

Maybe it’s E, maybe it’s the lack of sleep (related to E, but which isn’t technically true, I get plenty of sleep), maybe I am just losing my edge, but I’ve broken down in a number of ways recently. And really I don’t care one bit.

Cable TV. Yep we have real cable now. DVR, HD channels, hundreds of them. More entertainment than I can possible consume, even given an imaginary ‘reset the day’ button where I could go back and start every day over again, I would die before exhausting an entire day’s programming. Oddly, I have barely watched it, despite my extended summer vacation of sorts. Part of the reason is that the TV is in M’s ‘office’, but the real reason is, that there is nothing on that I am the least bit interested in watching. NFL coverage was nice to watch on ESPN, but that’s about it. The reason we got the new hookup was the old provider’s internet kept dying. With two people working at home, not a good idea. For the most part I am happy with the install, except for the installer guy who commented on the orphaned guest bed in the loft, saying it looked ‘wicked comfy’ and asked ‘if the baby slept there’… Errr….

Social Networks. I joined google+. I still will not join the face one.  I am too late to the party on the face site and I still don’t get the point. I just figured I’d have to join one sooner or later. We’ll see if anyone else joins and uses google+.

Crappy sneakers. Yes, I finally decided I don’t need expensive sneakers anymore. In fact, the cheaper the better. I buy new sneakers maybe once every 5 years, so why try and look cool with my shiny new Nikes that are 4 years old? It looks ridiculous. So I got some epically lame kicks, that sort of look cool in a retro hipster way.

Changing clothes. It’s easy to wear the same shorts for a week or more when you don’t leave the house. I only have to change my shorts when E does some business on me, which is getting rarer. I did go into the office a couple of days this week, so clothing changes were required there. It really felt weird.

No comments: