Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dark Water

Something big is going down in B-town. yesterday I went for a couple of walks down by the water and I saw these huge puppies down there. I haven't seen boats like this since M and I were in Monaco or Antibes. Really impressive, easily the biggest boats in the harbor. So of course I joined in the crowds of gawkers and took some photos. I don't know where you get this kind of $$, but it's not by saving your paper route and birthday money.


In other, more domesticated news, I spent my morning elbow deep with a plunger and foul liquid. It's not what you're thinking though. It was my bathroom sink. Now why would I be doing this in the morning? I have no earthly idea. I woke up at 6, got in the bathroom and decided that the slow drain was bothering me so I filled up the sink and went to town with the plunger. It made some bubbling gurgling noises and regurgitated 9 months of head shavings, which really stink. Not in the figurative sense - they reeked. I also had the shower running while I did this, so the bathroom filled with a thick steam accentuated by the miasma I had conjured up from the deep pipes in the walls, making it almost unbreathable. M was still warmly snuggled in bed, so I couldn't throw open the door to let the fresh air in. I mean I could have, but the trade off would have been short lived. Even worse, the slow drain had now turned to a completely stopped drain. I couldn't leave the black brew in the sink to let it go away on it's own, so I dug my hands in there and tried to see if anything was wedged in the drain. There were big solid pieces of something that I had summoned up. I don't remember sending these down, but they had come back. I broke these up and plungered even more strenuously than before. The water seemed to go away, but not exactly fast. I filled it up again for round 2 and got a more consistent result this time. A few quick plunges, no more belching sounds and the drain emptied like a champion. Crisis solved. M told me hers is a little slow too, so I'm lined up for more fun tonight. Good times.

No comments: