Thursday, October 6, 2011

new stuff

 So many ideas swirling around, it’s impossible to get them all into one coherent theme, so I’m just going to do this stream of consciousness thing…

Baby E has some new tricks:
The AM projectile vomit on dad. Yeah. In the mouth, in the ear, down the shirt. Everywhere but the towel I have draped over my shoulder. Actually, I shouldn’t say that. Sometimes it goes on the towel, but COME ON – it’s hanging veritically, he’s puking horizontally, what do I expect? A magic Velcro-vomit? I need a miracle vacuum towel to instantly adhere liquid to absorbent material instead of watching it all roll off like the towel was made of microfiber. Boooo.
He sort of rolls around.
He sleeps without his magic swing. This was a scary few days.
He has noticed my iphone and stops eating when I browse and feed. This is unacceptable.
Lots of toe, nose, hair, shirt and mouth grabbing. His hands are cold and slimy.
He reliably blows out the diapers. If he did the deed more than once every 2 days I think they could be contained, but this is not the case.

My new favorites – Spotify for it’s queues and Pandora for it’s genres. And I don’t even really like music. Saves me a lot of time scouring youtube for music.

Is there anything that is a bigger giveaway for your low station in life than a prominently displayed dreamcatcher? I’m not saying everyone with a dreamcatcher in their life is picking flies out of their hair every day, but I don’t see many of the top 1% rocking out with the dreamcatcher on the rear view mirror. I’m just saying.

What are you supposed to do when someone says you like someone else, but that comparison is not flattering? We have a new guy at work, and people all say I look like him and vice versa. He happens to rock the same haircut and similar eyewear. But is that where the comparison stops? Ok maybe I do look like Moby. This is where I start growing the beard.

My home gym equipment is all failing. My other pullup bar broke, but only with minimal falling this time. This is not acceptable. To get around this, I did some agility drills in the field near our unit the other day. Nothing shady about a guy running around in the dark at 6AM in a field. Nope. I only hope that no one sics their doggy on me.

And that’s about it. Weak.  I really thought I had more. Maybe again soon. 

No comments: